JOB ID: 211254
The ITS team is recruiting for an Enforcement Solutions Engineer. The Enforcement Solutions Engineer is responsible for the design and deployment of bus lane enforcement solution in New York, but may also coordinate with solutions for other parts of the US or worldwide.
The Solutions Engineer role will be responsible for the delivery of enforcement systems and providing support to the product management team in managing 3rd party approvals, obsolescence reviews, testing, and product quality reviews. Within the operations team, the role will be responsible for the project deployment and support of innovative Traffic Enforcement solutions in the US, primarily focused on automated bus lane enforcement.
The role requires working amongst a team of highly experienced Traffic Enforcement specialists to deliver and support standard products and systems, deploying these to customers with some degree of customization
You will be expected to provide regular project updates, operate in a dynamic environment, and be able to travel throughout the United States and our Center of Competence in the United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for establishing effective relationships with the wider Siemens Project Delivery and Product Support teams within the Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
The Enforcement Solutions Engineer will report to the Senior Project Manager of Automated Bus Enforcement Solutions. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in New York City.
What are the requirements for this role:
- Be a strong technical expert who can drive innovation, problem solve and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders
- Support the delivery of projects within time, quality, and budget constraints
- Have regular customer contact, to establish feedback against current performance levels and to gather an understanding of any potential future opportunities.
- Have a natural flair for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales/milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Create solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Support the Sales and Bid Management teams by quantifying the quality, time, and cost scope of solutions to inquiries
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the United States.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BSc/BA in Engineering or IT related field required
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software
- Valid US Driver’s license.
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Highly desirable – Expertise in traffic systems including ALPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed, and average speed systems.
- Desirable – Knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Highly Desirable – SQL Server or MySQL working knowledge
- Highly Desirable – Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design
- Desirable – Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualization.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Related Jobs (39)
Software Engineer Trainee| Entry-level position| Bengaluru| 3.62 LPA on October 10, 2020 Full Time
DIGITAL S/W ENG INTM ANALYST | ANGULAR JS | PUNE | CITI BANK on September 14, 2020 Full Time
APPS DEV SR PROGRAMMER ANALYST – PUNE – AVP/C12 (R2025545) | CITI BANK on September 14, 2020 Full Time
APPS DEV PROGRAMMER ANALYST | .NET | PUNE | CITI BANK on September 14, 2020 Full Time
DIGITAL (API) S/W ENGINEER/ANALYST | PUNE | CITI BANK on September 13, 2020 Full Time
DEVELOPER JAVA – PUNE – OFFICER/C11 (R2037046) | CITI BANK on September 13, 2020 Full Time